Monday, March 24, 2014

Pomegranate Mint Orangeade


Last week marked the beginning of spring in most parts of the Western world, but its more like the beginning of summer here in the UAE. The scorch of the hot sun is starting to feel pretty intense if you're out and about from midday. 

Its definitely time for cooling, refreshing drinks which don't take long to put together, but make warm days all the more worthwhile, like this pomegranate mint orangeade. And if you're still in spring, then save this recipe for when summer comes, or make and take along on your next picnic. 


Like most people I can't think of anything more thirst quenching than fresh homemade lemonade in the heat. But its nice to play around with classic drinks and oranges are definitely one of those fruits that go really well together with lemons in a drink. 
I'm also still having my little pomegranate moment, having used it most recently in pomegranate white chocolate muffins, and a caramelized banana peach pomegranate fruit tart. I just love how it gives everything a delightful burst of sweetness whilst also giving a special pop of colour. And that's definitely what it does in this orangeade. Add a little mint and this drink is not only good to go but good to look at! 


One of my favourite things to do is to freeze pomegranate arils and mint leaves in an ice cube tray filled over with water. Its such an easy way to add pomegranate and mint to your drinks, when you need to use ice cubes. I didn't do that here but its totally an option for those who have to have ice in their drinks! 



Pomegranate Mint Orangeade
Serves 3-4

12 oranges, juiced, or 500ml fresh bottled orange juice
3 lemons, juiced
1 lemon, sliced
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup pomegranate arils, or pomegranate ice cubes
Large handful of mint leaves, or mint ice cubes.

1. Combine the water and sugar in a small pan over medium heat. Once the water starts to simmer stir well until the sugar has dissolved fully. Take off heat and leave to cool.
2. In a jug, pour in the orange and lemon juices. Slowly add the sugar syrup and mix well.
3. Add the lemon slices. Add the pomegranate arils and mint leaves, and/or ice cubes.

N.B. If preferred the sugar syrup can be added to taste.
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. With the temperatures increasing, Ive been thinking of making my favourite Pineapple Mint Slush since few days. I will give this a try as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pineapple Mint Slush sounds wonderful! I hope you have a recipe for it on the site! :)

      Delete
  2. Me too loves Orange and lemonades ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love orangeade. I actually prefer it to lemon. This must taste great with the pomegranate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Messy, it most definitely does taste great with pomegranate, so as an orangeade person I'm pretty sure you'll love this too!

      Delete
  4. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a refreshing drink...perfect for the climate in India right now.....

    Sent you mail...take time to check and reply....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ll recommend this for anyone in a distant relationship most especially . the kind of job i do takes me stay far away from home in remote countries drilling and mining . Any time i’m away, i’m always curious on what my spouse was up to. some one recommended to me arstrongcyberwizard@yahoo.com . and spoke so high of him. i decided to give him a try, he helped me clone my spouse phone and tap into my spouse whatsapp and e m ails. i was shook with all that was revealed to me in a a very short while, i promise to testify if he helps me, ever since . he’s helped me on other jobs i’ll keep off here. reach out to him today and thank me later. arstrongcyberwizard@yahoo.com Whatsapp him +12899600524

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was searching on the Web to get an hacker to help me spy on my cheating spouse and I came across this great hacker is amazing hacker that can spy on any devices, phone,emails,twitter,facebook or Instagram,are you suspicion about him or her cheating on you or he or she has been hiding or receiving calls from unknown people to you and you can also clear criminal records and hack into any other devices with the help of ARSTRONG WIZARD
    I'm so glad to work with them arstrongcyberwizard@yahoo.com Whatsapp him +12899600524

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a crazy year for me, unfortunate happenings beyond me made score fall to 622, I needed a loan few months ago for my failing business which could'nt be approved because of my credit score. A colleague linked me up with Clever Hacker, after contacting him he didn't just raise my score to a golden and remove my eviction. Thanks to him I got my loan approved contact cleverhacker |.| hack |@| gmail |.| com or (803)8145462

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each time I call my husband office they keep telling me my husband has a 3pm appointment and this has been happing for a while now, am always worried about my husband leaving the office by 4pm yet he wont open up to me about the contract he has been trying to seal, then I hired WhitehatstechATgmailDOTcom to make the investigation for me without any notice, I got access to my husband phone remotely after going through his text messages and all I found out that there is a lady my husband always see by 3pm then i went further because WhitehatstechATgmailDOTcom also provided me with my husband deleted messages and I saw that my husband makes love to this lady everyday and when he comes home he stave me from sex but am so thankful to WhitehatstechATgmailDOTcom for the best services he rendered to me. WHATSAPP; +18189256165

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent and professional investigative services. I hired Mr. WHITE for a very private and difficult matter of hacking my husband's phone and he far exceeded my expectations. He helped me get some info such as WhatsApp, Facebook, text messages, call logs and even phone conversations that I needed for proof of his secretive affair. The first time we spoke, we had a very long phone consultation in which he gave me all my options that he could think of to resolve my case, and he even recommended I try other options before hiring him, which shows that he is honest. I decided to hire him and I am glad I did. He is a fantastic investigator and a great person; to all loyal partners out there if you have a dishonest partner don't hesitate to send him a mail Contact: WhitehatstechAtGmailDotCom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you in need of finance? we give out guarantee cash at 3% interest rate. Contact us on any kind of finance now: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com whatsapp Number +918929509036 Dr James Eric Finance Pvt Ltd

    ReplyDelete
  12. If You Are Trying To Catch Your Cheating Spouse In The Act, I Strongly Recommend You Contact This Awesome Hacker That Helped Me Monitor My Husband’s Phone When I Was Gathering Evidence During The Divorce. I Got Virtually Every Information She Has Been Hiding Over The Months Easily On My Own Phone: The Spy App Diverted All Her Whatsapp, Facebook, Text Messages, Sent And Received Through The Phone: I Also Got Her Phone Calls And Deleted Messages. She Could Not Believe Her Eyes When She Saw The Evidence Because She Had No Idea She Was Hacked, I Didn’t Need To Touch Her Phone At all,.I Certainly Recommend Contact: “Whitehatspytech@cyberservices.com”

    ReplyDelete

© Beela Bakes | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig